21 February ,2022
Savantas Policy Institute and The Maritime Silk Road Society jointly issue the following statement today (21 February):
1. We sincerely thank President Xi Jinping and the Central Government for their care and love for Hong Kong. We concord with the idea conveyed by the important instruction that urges the HKSAR Government to “assume the key responsibility”, to win the battle of preventing and controlling the pandemic.
2. We agree with President Xi's three “all-s” and two “guarantees”, namely, "the HKSAR Government should take the stabilization and control of the epidemic as the most imminent mission", "mobilize all available manpower and resources from the community " and "take all necessary measures” to ensure the safety and health of Hong Kong citizens and the overall stability of the Hong Kong society.
3. We support "dynamic zero infection" strategy as the HKSAR Government's basic principle.
4. We encourage all Hong Kong citizens to practice social distancing, be aware of personal hygiene, vaccinate as soon as possible, including children to keep them healthy and safe.
5. We are deeply grateful for the tremendous assistance of the medical team from the Mainland, including experts and medical practitioners, for supporting Hong Kong in overcoming the obstacles.