03 July ,2021
Savantas Policy Institute and Maritime Silk Road Society have released the following joint statement today (3 July) :
1. We support strict law enforcement by the police force and to investigate the truth and punish those behind the scene. The government needs to fundamentally resolve hidden problems. Citizens have to show by example.
2. Violence is our common enemy. Promote violence today and you become a victim tomorrow.
3. It is against the law to incite and glorify violence. We have to show zero tolerance against violence.
4. Violence is violence. Those who attack the police are subject to severe punishment in any country.
5. It was reasonable and legal for the police to be on duty on the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Day. Police deserve to be praised for keeping the festive day safe.